Saxum is an integrated communications firm offering strategic communications across all channels with expertise including public relations, advertising and digital, built to help clients elevate their brand and reputation. We are a diverse and dynamic agency of thinkers, doers, drivers and make it happen-ers.
Saxum offers professional and personal benefits, including health, dental and short-term disability insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, profit sharing, IRA retirement plan, flex time, telecommuting days and other benefits. Our team members even enjoy an extra week off during the holidays.
Saxum is looking for a Social Media Coordinator / Community Manager to develop, implement and measure integrated social media strategies and tactics that reach our client’s communication objectives. This position must place priority on teamwork, be a strong problem-solver and have excellent time-management and organization skills. Candidates must be committed to and enthusiastic about delivering results that drive clients’ goals.
- Develop and execute social media strategies
- Develop an online persona for client brands through social media
- Create and execute a process to cultivate content. Devise editorial calendars and concepts for content, both written and visual.
- Generate appropriate content for social media channels including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo, Pinterest and blogs
- Write copy that juxtaposes wit, humor, tone, consistency and voice for clients
- Serve as community manager to regularly monitor conversations on channels and appropriately respond to comments in a timely manner for highest level of engagement
- Escalate issues to appropriate team members proactively
- Review and pull insights from analytics to make recommendations on improving results and engagement, as well as for reporting
- Manage and schedule timing of social media postings
- Keep projects and posts on track through clear task lists, issue tracking, status reports, and meeting notes
- Regularly communicate project status with team members; work closely with Senior Digital Strategist
- Gather assets required for digital and interactive projects and assist with content entry into CMS systems as needed
- Champion excellence and a culture of execution and proactivity in all things
- Brainstorm bold digital strategies and experiences for our clients and prospective clients, ranging from content, editorial interactive, distribution and more
- A Bachelor's degree is required for this position. Preferred field of study: marketing, journalism, public relations, advertising or related field
- One to three years of experience managing content for multiple social media channels for a brand (business, organization or non-profit)
- One to three years of agency experience preferred
- Proficient in social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, Vimeo, blog platforms, etc.), social media measurement and analytics software (such as Hootsuite, Sprout Social, etc.) and all Microsoft office products
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Understanding of social trends and digital best practices
- Wide variety of interests and expertise — capable of switching gears from a range of topics and industries; stellar research skills and ability to familiarize yourself in new areas when needed
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics: We’re seeking an energetic, positive, talented, highly-motivated, proactive, self-starter and creative individual with a strong work ethic. Applicant must work well in a fast-paced, team environment under demanding deadlines, have excellent time management skills and remain graceful under pressure.
How to ApplyQualified applicants meeting all of the position requirements should submit the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put Social Media Coordinator / Community Manager in the subject line of your e-mail.
- Cover letter
- Work samples of social media channels that you manage (links to sites or PDF of screen captures)
- Preferred but not required: a sample social media editorial calendar or content planning document (sample posts); social media reports that you have generated for clients
The Saxum fellowship is designed specifically for recent college graduates (one year or less) and graduate students. Fellows work approximately 30 hours per week in one of the following areas: Public Relations, Digital, Graphic Design, Marketing or Insights and Analytics.
To apply for a fellowship, send a cover letter, resume and two writing samples to Sara Walker via email at email@example.com.
Jan. 1 - June 30 fellowship: Oct. 15
July 1 - Dec. 31 fellowship: April 1
The Saxum internship is designed specifically for college juniors and seniors. Interns work approximately 15 - 25 hours per week. Saxum hosts three classes of interns per year.
To apply for an internship, send a cover letter, resume and two writing samples to Sara Walker via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spring Internship: Oct. 15
Summer Internship: April 1
Fall Internship: June 15
The Saxum Summership includes one-on-one meetings with Saxumites, educational assignments and hands-on experiences in each of our areas of expertise (PR, advertising and digital) as students witness a day in the life of a leading integrated marketing communications agency.
To apply for the Summership, please email your resume and a one-page letter stating why you want to attend to email@example.com.